Do you ever feel like you’re working around the clock without seeing any progress? Without setting tangible goals, you may be doing a lot of busy work while accomplishing very little. We encounter goals through many aspects of life. It’s easy to have ambitions, but not so easy to execute them. That is why every goal should be set as a SMART goal. Practicing SMART goal setting will help you organize your thoughts, work smarter, enhance productivity, and make real headway towards the final destination envisioned.
Turn every goal into a SMART one by following this framework:
- Specific – what exactly do you want to achieve?
- Measurable – What means/metrics will you use to track progress?
- Achievable – What is the required course of action to reach your goal?
- Realistic – What does the REAL scope look like to reach your goal?
- Time-bound – How long will it take for you to reach your goal?
SMART goal setting brings structure into the evolution of where we are today to where we desire to be. Using the SMART goal framework will help you turn your visions into actionable items. You will make more progress on things that are beneficial and conquer success.